The first Catholic school in Canberra was St Christopher’s Primary, Manuka, founded by the Sisters of the Good Samaritan on 30 January 1928 with six teachers and 140 students from Kindergarten to Leaving Certificate.

A commemorative book Ringing in the Years: Canberra’s Catholic Schools, Celebrating the Centenary by Jenny Jeffery was published in 2013 and details all Catholic schools in Canberra and their history.

Photo: Students in front of the school building on their first day of school in 1928.